Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Don't Leaf Me Alone

 Welcome to Designing Lifestyle...the blog of Joya Jewelry Designs as seen on www.joyajewelrydesigns.etsy.com....
Welcome, this last day of August in the year 2010.

     We are excited to let you know we now have pictures from our collection at Joya Jewelry Designs posted on Flickr. Check it out soon!



Today's thought for your consideration:
           The Word TEAM as an Acronym 

Forgive the pun in the title, but it was a leaf---actually a bunch of leaves...on a tree that set me to thinking about the topic of this week's post.


I was waiting for my order from Ramiro's drive-through in Montclair (they have oh!-so-yummy Mexican food, and refreshing Agua Pina pineapple drink---so refreshing on a hot summer day) when I noticed a tree at the edge of the driveway up ahead. The temperature that day was about 103 and the shade looked so inviting and I was wishing I were waiting under its dense cluster of leaves waiting for my order to be filled, rather than idling in the hot sun with no shade at all. Almost half the tree was overhanging the driveway, and the shade was thick and solid, probably lowering the temperature by several degrees. As I glanced at the shadow on the asphalt, up to the leaves that were making that shade and shadow, I couldn't help but notice how small each of the individual leaves were....very small to be creating such dense shade. Yet, there were many of them growing close and clustered and they spilled over onto each other from so many angles they were blocking out the sun's hot rays extremely effectively. The shade of one tiny leaf alone, or even a few small leaves together, could never offer any kind of noticeable relief from the scorching hot sun of that August afternoon; yet, together, they were enormously effective. I was reminded of something I'd heard about the word TEAM as an acronym:
Together, Everyone Achieves More.
      It was a good reminder for me that---like a tiny leaf on that tree---I, alone, may not be as effective at a singular task as I might be when working with others at that same task. Together, everyone achieves more.
      You are not alone on this planet, either. I hope you will be encouraged as you read this that what you have to offer and contribute is important. 
       Whatever it is in your life that you want to design and/or create, do it with confidence and joy, knowing that it is an important part of the bigger picture of life on Planet Earth. Bless you.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment