Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Designing Treasuries

   Welcome to Designing Lifestyle...the blog of Joya Jewelry Designs as seen on www.joyajewelrydesigns.etsy.com


   Over at Joya Jewelry Designs on Etsy, we've recently been working on designing Treasuries...curating Treasuries is the terminology they use...where you determine a theme or title, select items from other sellers' shops and display them as a collection. We've had tons of fun with our first three:
Boo-ti-ful Buys, a collection in honor of my cousin Tina, who loved Halloween
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4cb0cb1793746d91960bf807/boo-ti-ful-buys?index=1
Line in Design, to celebrate the interesting effect of lines in design and how they influence perception
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4cb1662191928eef6918a127/line-in-design?index=2
and
The Eyes Have It,  in honor of upcoming elections,
a fun play on words of the old expression, "The ayes have it" referring to voting protocol in formal venues
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4cb6c582e5ff6d914ce97c26/the-eyes-have-it?index=0

   We will definitely want to do more because they are fun AND they help give exposure and support to the many talented artisans on Etsy.

   We, in turn, appreciate the artisans who have featured some of our items in Treasuries:
See our Vintage Lucite Red Rounds here, in 
Red, Red, RED, SHE SAID!
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c49474076d78eefba55fd7f/red-red-red-she-said?index=3


Red Sophisticates dangle earrings were featured in
Seeing Red!
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c7284ebb9e98eef6deef77e/seeing-red?index=7
Dramatic Dragons long dangles with chains, featured in Beautiful Colors From Beautiful People
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c7119640dfb8eef9a6be175/beautiful-colors-from-beautiful-people?index=4
Satina, hand-crafted designer earrings were featured in Heart Me!-Vol. 2
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c4d0b64d1628eef46dac725/heart-me-vol-2?index=6

and, last but not least, our popular Night Owls necklace and earrings set featured in The NonColorful NonTeam Treasury
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4cb5ac32d3c86d911746a3ee/the-noncolorful-nonteamtreasury?index=1
And, by the way, you will notice we have added Treasury Challenge Non Team to our blog list, so if you'd like to take the challenge, check it out!
    Treasuries are loads of fun to browse through for shopping purposes, dreaming, or just for inspiration in creating your own.
    For those who may not know, you can create one on Etsy by going to the Home page, looking down the left-hand column then clicking on the blue Treasury button, then when the Treasury page loads, there is a blue button on the right that says Create List.
   Another way is to use the Poster Sketch template feature on Etsy.  I was reading another blog whose writer said she prefers to create in Poster Sketch because there is less likely a chance to lose your collection should there be a glitch on Etsy. I tried it, but myself prefer doing it from Create List, I think just because that's the way I'd done it before I read the blog. I do like the fact that you can collect your pieces in Poster Sketch before you publish, whereas, when I assembled from the Create List, it timed my creations from when I started, not when I published. So, even though I initially clicked on the (Who can view this?) Only you button until I was completely ready, by the time I clicked on the (Who can view this?) Everyone button, my first Treasuries appeared as though they were already several hours old. I'm not sure how much that matters in the greater scheme of things, but psychologically I'd feel better if they appeared to be "fresh," time-wise...."Hot off the press," so to speak, since they really are when you hit that Everyone button.
If you have trouble finding the Poster Sketch feature, try accessing it from this Storque page then the Tech Update link
 http://www.etsy.com/storque/search/title/poster-sketch/
   At any rate, I do recommend Treasuries for shopping or sharing. And, if anyone wants to add comments, suggestions, or insights on this or any of our blog posts, we welcome them! 
    Until next time, have fun Designing the Lifestyle you most want:)


p.s.  We are sorry to announce we had no winner of our first give-away. I understand that's probably because so few heard about it. It's definitely a learning process for me and I certainly have plenty to learn about relating through social media. Still, we hope those few of you who did hear about it will feel more encourage to enter next time, as chances of winning are above average!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment